Despite obstacles, SAPP will continue its pledge for Autonomy
KOTA KINABALU, March 27, 2013: Sabah Progressive Party (SAPP) says that it
regrets Pakatan Rakyat's de facto leader Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim's
announcement that PR will face Barisan Nasional (BN) alone in the coming
13th General Elections and they do not require the support of local-based
parties in Sabah.
New Page 1
SAPP Secretary General Datuk Richard Yong said that SAPP will stick to its
plan to topple the BN government and end this corrupted regime and most
importantly to fulfill its pledge to regain Sabah's autonomy.
He says, since Pakatan Rakyat has reneged on their words to work together
with the local opposition, SAPP will continue its fight in the coming
elections even as the underdog in order to pursue and stick to our
struggle for Sabah's autonomy.
"Since PR has announced its decision not to work together with the local
opposition, it shows that their leaders have already made up their minds
to accept the consequences, no matter win or lose."
SAPP will be facing split votes of the opposition parties here in Sabah
and predict this would be the toughest battle while also facing the threat
of two political giants at a same time.
SAPP previously announced that it can even contest under PR-PKR ticket if
PR can ensure Sabah's autonomy and people rights protected under PR
Richard questioned why PR still wants to gain full control of the Sabah
state government as what BN has done.
He also calls on the Sabah people to unite together and to fully support
SAPP in the coming election so that we can reinstate Sabah autonomy
together, implement Sabah IC and other policies in the SAPP Manifesto to
enable a clean, fair, people oriented and transparent state government
which will give our Sabah people fair share of the state's economic pie.